Magical New Moon Eclipse Ritual
A New Moon Eclipse is coming!! And yes, you should be excited! New Moon Eclipses happen about 2-3 times per year and show us what new trends, opportunities and self-development areas we will be focused on for the next six months. This is also the most magical times for initiating new habits, relationships, jobs, pretty much anything in your life.
Back in the day, farmers used the moon to guide their farm chores. The belief was that the moon governed moisture on the earth and if we followed her cycles we could produce the best crops.
Of the many cycles of the moon, the New Moon was an extra special time as many ancient farmers (and some current farmers) would wait until the New Moon came to plant their seeds. This was the time they believed the ground was most wet and fertile. The more wet and fertile the ground was, the easier it was for their seeds to have the nourishment needed to root and grow.
Astrologers today still utilize this same thought process, except it is applied life. A new moon in Astrology is the time for planting seeds for the future (otherwise known as intentions). The moments and days following the New Moon are regarded as the optimum time period for sharing any desires, needs or changes you want to unfold in your life with the universe. You must not only hold an image or vision of what you want to manifest in your life, you must also make it known, holding steadfast to the knowledge it will come. The energy of the New Moon will nourish this goal of yours. This is even more so when it comes to a New Moon Eclipse. The energy is said to be at least 10x the energy of a regular New Moon.
To help you make the most of this New Moon, we are giving you a very special New Moon Exercise to help you manifest whatever goals you have in mind for the next 6 months.
Magical New Moon Eclipse Ritual
1. Sit or lay in a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed for at least 15 minutes.
2. Take 5 deep breaths, inhaling to the count of 3 and exhaling to the count of 3.
3. If you feel relaxed, move on to the next step. If not, repeat step 2 until you feel calm.
4. Close your eyes and recall an area of life that is causing you stress or that you feel like there is a lot of focus in your life right now.
5. Once you have settled on an area of life, start to think about what your life would look like if that issue were spontaneously solved. How would you feel? What changes would have been made in your life?
6. Translate those changes into affirmations and write them down. An example of this would be: Your lease is up, you have been looking for places for a while, but have yet to find one. The clock is ticking, this makes you anxious. If the issue were solved, you would be signing a lease to fabulous new place and packing your furniture up. The affirmations you would write are: I will find the perfect apartment for me before my lease is up. I can comfortably afford this new apartment. I will enjoy the process of finding this apartment.
7. Hold your white candle while concentrating on the how you would feel when your issue is settled. If feelings of frustration or anxiety come up, gently push them aside and refocus on how happy you will be when everything is sorted out.
8. Still holding the candle, read the affirmations you wrote down out loud.
9. Light your candle and repeat these affirmations again, out loud.
10. Blow out the candle and express gratitude for the universe for delivering these intentions.
11. Put these affirmations somewhere handy. Anytime you feel anxious, read them aloud. Repeat this ritual, too, if you’d like!
12. Believe. Your desires will be granted.