How to use a Dreamcatcher?
Dreamcatchers are one of the most widely spread symbols these days. You can just about see a dreamcatcher on anything – from your cup, to your smartphone case, and to actual dreamcatchers. And it’s no wonder because the mesmerizing braiding patterns catch the eyes on everyone that sets eyes on them.
Besides that, dreamcatchers are also considered a symbol of positive energy because we all know that their purpose is to ward off bad dreams. However, a dreamcatcher can actually ward off any bad vibes if you just know how to use it properly.
What is a dreamcatcher?
Dreamcatchers are a tradition that sets roots in Native American history. It all started off with one tribe, and then through marriage between tribes, the tradition spread to all of the tribes. In their tradition, the spider is considered a symbol of energy, wisdom, and learning which is why the braiding of the dreamcatcher is very similar to a spiders web.
Original dreamcatchers have eight points, representing the eight spider legs. While the most common belief for dreamcatchers among Native Americans (and everyone else) is that dreamcatchers can ward off bad dreams, many Native Americans consider dreamcatchers totems of good energy. That is why they protect your home – because dreamcatchers don’t let bad vibes pass.
How to use your dreamcatcher?
To make your dreamcatcher ward off bad vibes or bad dreams, it isn’t enough to simply buy it and hang it above your bed. On the contrary, dreamcatchers need to be cleansed, energized and re-fortified with the power of Nature. Here is how to use your dreamcatcher:
1. Cleanse your dreamcatcher with sage
2. Enhance its powers with crystals – You can choose your favorite ones, but we like to use Clear Quartz, Selenite and Milky Quartz
3. The next step is to hang your dreamcatcher in your backyard, or in the park for a few hours to let it soak up nature energy and life force.
4. Then all you need to do is refortify its power by personalizing your dreamcatcher by adding a few feathers to it.
5. Your dreamcatcher is ready to be hung up above your bed now!