The Benefits of Meditation
What is Meditation, really?
Most of the people think of it as a technique that helps us stop thinking and sense our oneness with the world. That's a big part of it, and there are different types of meditation that might each focus on one thing but all focus on getting to know yourself. Whether you use a type of meditation that suggests for you to focus on your body and feel the blood circulating through your veins or the one that helps you keep control of your “monkey brain” by giving it tasks so it won’t be all over the place the purpose is the same. If you think that meditation is some mumbo-jumbo that only “Zen” people do you’d be surprised to know that meditation has huge benefits. For example:
· It increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
· It improves the immune system
· It improves breathing and heart rates
· It provides greater longevity
· It lessens inflammatory disorders and asthma
· It increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
· It helps prevent emotional eating and smoking
· Improves the emotional intelligence
· Anxiety decreases
· Emotional stability improves
· Creativity increases
· Happiness increases
· More mental strength and energy
· Leads to better decision making and problem-solving
And this is not just a list that people made up.
These are results based on actual scientific research.
Still think it’s just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo?